Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Dear future husband

Dear future husband,
Hello there, I am absolutely certain this letter will find you in time and you will spare a few minutes to read it through. I truly hope you are well and working extremely hard to build your future so that in that very  future -when we are married- I can live the life that I have always dreamed of; an extravagant one.
My future husband, I am sure you are well aware that we are living in a society that accuses young women of being lazy, when it comes to housework and such like matters and brands them as not being able to treat their husbands like our mothers and grandmothers used to. But I am also certain that you know that it because this same society has demanded that we women work just as diligently in the corporate world as our male counterparts and therefore we do not have enough time to wash clothes, clean dishes and scrub kitchen floors. Do not mistake this to mean that I do not know how to perform such chores; I can assure you that my mother has given me enough housework to do that can last me a life time. Our children will therefore learn to do as many chores as their mother has, and still is doing presently. When it comes to cooking, however, I will try to prepare a meal for you every once in a while because frankly, I am immensely talented in that area.
At this point in my life, I am doing the best I can to work diligently to ensure that I will be making a fortune as well, by the time we are getting married. If you steal some time from your busy schedule to look at the Saturday magazine in the Saturday Nation of 29th January 2011, you will encounter an article titled, ‘What men want’ stating what men are demanding from women these days; which includes a working woman who is interesting and does not nag. With regard to it, I can confidently say that I meet these terms and will be an excellent wife to you. That is why I am writing this letter. You may wish to call it a warning letter but I write it out of my future love for you. I have done so to you to let you know ahead of time, that we will be hiring help to assist with household chores in the beautiful home that we will be living in. I need you to know that at that time, washing your elegant clothes and your expensive dishes will not be my duty, but I promise to supervise whoever we will have hired to do so. To this effect, dear future husband, I will expect minimum interaction between you and the hired help, and all messages you may want to pass to her, will have to go through me. I am sure you understand that because I will have married an understanding, loving, smart and faithful man. I am in no doubt you will respect that I have informed you way ahead of time and therefore arguments regarding this matter will be absent in our very blissful marriage. 
 Worry not, you will still be the head of the home, but like president Kibaki must consult with Raila, so shall you confer with your wife when making family decisions.
Because of the kind of person that you are and will always be, I hope that this issue will not affect your payments with regard to the dowry, which may be hefty, and you will meet the demands stipulated by my family, before we tie the knot.
I sincerely hope you will keep this letter as a point of reference, because I have a copy of my own and so do my three lovely sisters; whom you will be expected to love and respect as they will probably affect many of the decisions I make. I know you understand because that is just the kind of person that I will marry.
Yours lovingly,
Ivy Muigai,
Your future-very beautiful and smart- wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment