Search This Blog

Monday 23 May 2011

The Weave Finally Fights Back

Ahem! *clears imaginary throat* now I know many of you thought Saturday May 21st would be the end of me but guess again! Clearly, I am here to stay and I am very much aware this will not sit well with some of you but hey, if you get to live some more, why the hell shouldn’t I? 
I know many of you, the list mostly consisting of men, do not like me, but I guess I got more game than yáll because the ladies LOVE ME. *dances for a few minutes* and it’s so funny that I am here to give your women more confidence so that you can get a chance to get some. But so much for gratitude! I tell you the human race are a bunch of ungrateful species. I was only created to help ladies feel a tit bit more confident but they get marginalized by these men, especially Kenyan, for creating a home for me. Where the hell do you expect me to live if you keep giving the ladies who spot me such a hard time? And can I just get an explanation why you have no love for me but my cousin, ‘braids’ is well accepted and sometimes championed for? *wipes imaginary tears* my friend Wig and I are very worried about this and have held countless meetings on the same but we are yet to figure it out. But why all this hate?  It saddens me that the women who have so generously offered us a home are attacked as opposed to being regarded with honor for sheltering the homeless. I know you do not care about my feelings but go easy on these charitable women.
I know I know, we are created to live on a head for around a month or two and some women take this too far but what can we do if they feel we are too awesome and they do not want to let go? I mean hasn’t that happened to at least some of you?  Someone remains attached to you even though it is clearly time to let go? Sometimes not all homes are clean but you know there are others who are homeless and therefore we can live with excessive scratching and lack of bathing a few times; I guess some of us are luckier than others. And just because some times we are fitted on some heads that do not exactly ‘go’ with our style, does not mean we are not grateful to at least have somewhere to stay as we tour the cities around the country. Sometimes we even get reinstated to the same homes and we still accept it, a little more time to stay alive is no crime.
I therefore appeal to you to understand that women are only guilty of having a big heart such that they offer us accommodation even though some of us are clearly uglier than others. I ask you men to just understand that all she is trying to do is house me and in turn I try to help in boosting her self esteem just so you can look at her a bit more. Sometimes she needs me to offer warmth to her head and not get harassed for it. *imaginary smile*
Many a blog have been written about me and my homes (read women) and I thought it only right that I respond back. Let us see if anyone cares.
P.S: Incidentally the writer does not wear weaves; I guess she is just not as accommodating as I thought.


1 comment:

  1. Good one. The weave strikes back! I also don't do/have never done weaves but it's interesting to note how braids are ok and weaves are not and they're not very different from each other. Interesting thoughts though.

    ReplyDelete